Kayla’s note in her sadness.

My eleven years old daughter was not invited to certain birthday party. She was so upset and sad. Her mom told her to pour her emotion in writting. This is her note :

Such a well written feeling. She tried to be strong but we know what is inside.

Some may think this is silly. But being rejected by peers at that age (or actually at any age) is hard. One starts to question his/her value among his/her peers.

I cannot cheer her up, really. She knows that I love her no matter what. But, you can.

Please give her your encouraging words in comments section. Let her know that world still has so many nice and sincere people. Something that she can look up while she grow up. Please?

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Kayla’s note in her sadness.

1. Didi says:

Well said.

Btw, there are many lessons of life you will learn in the future. So go ahead, move forward.
    Leave the past with learning and smile

2. Bily says:

Dear Kayla,

Though I don’t know you in person, but from your writing I’m sure you’re a beautiful, kind, and smart girl. You could be the best friend one ever had. Those people who didn’t invite you to their party are simply morons. They aren’t worth to be your friend.

Let’s hope they will realize their mistake and could be your best friends next time. If not, you could simply left them and find other friends. You’re still very young, you have plenty of times to get new friends. I guarantee you’ll have good friends. Don’t be too sad.

My daughter is also about your age. When I told her about you, she’d love to be your friend. In fact, I’d love to be your friend too.

Our best prayers and wishes to you and your beloved daddy.

Regards,

-Bily

3. Aku Sebel says:

Dear Kayla,
    You’re so cool, nice and wise, i wish i could invite you to my b’day party!! πŸ˜€

4. vivi says:

dear kayla, trust me pre teens era can be a little bit cruel but nothing lasts forever. you only need to forgive and forget.

5. Anggita says:

Hi Kayla.

Pretty much what I wrote, 16 years ago. It’s like reading my old journal. πŸ™‚ if you’re feeling what I felt, then it must be heartbreaking. Cos what I felt is that “I thought she’s my (best)friend but apparently she’s not” or, what you thought you have are all falling apart and you have all these questions you can’t really answer. But it’s okay not to have an answer.

Reading your post, i see you’re on the right track gurl! Words. Believe in yourself. Dont change yourself just to get “accepted” by some people who probably don’t even care that much about you.

And you know what, what was different from what I experience is that I never got to tell my parents about this. You are so lucky you have such amazing parents whom you can share your feelings with.

This is what I know for sure, you are gonna be one tough girl.

6. Firman Arief says:

Hi, Kayla. I just read your dad’s tweet on twitter. And I think I should say something for you. But because my English is bad, I prefer using Bahasa instead πŸ™‚

Hidup tak selamanya indah. Adakalanya ia membuat kita sedih. Apa saja bisa terjadi tanpa kita duga. Menghadapi 2 kemungkinan ini, ada 2 reaksi yg bisa kita lakukan: syukur & sabar.

Bersyukur saat mendapati hidup ini indah & bersabar saat mendapati hidup ini suram. Sederhana bukan?

In your case, bersabarlah menghadapi semua ini. Seperti yg sudah kamu tulis, “Don’t let people define you,” ada kesabaran yg harus kamu miliki saat ingin membuktikan quote itu. Bersabarlah & kamu akan menemukan temanΒ² yg kamu inginkan. Pasti ini perlu waktu. Tapi tak apa karena waktu itulah yg akan menyembuhkan lukamu & mendewasakan hidupmu πŸ™‚

Selamat bersabar, Kayla. Jangan lupa, kita hanya bisa melihat pelangi setelah mengalami hujan πŸ™‚

7. Andri says:

Dear Kayla,
    I absolutely agree, this world is huge with so many billions of people in it. However, you don’t have to look too far away for that one person who loves you most, who cares and will do absolutely anything for you. I may not know him at all but when I read this post about you, I felt how much you mean to him, how he wished he can be your best friend inviting you to the best party ever. You are with the best one. Don’t worry about friends neglecting you. Chances are you may be too good for them. Who cares about some lame friends when you can have the best daddy in the world, right? πŸ™‚

8. iniafif says:

Kayla,
    You are lucky enough having great parent. don’t let people define you. let you dream high & aim high. Proud of you.

9. friday karyadi says:

Dear Kayla, you seem like a wise & strong girl so it’s their big lost not having you around. Honestly, you’re not the only one who experienced that- you will get over it somehow..
    Last thing, do not hate them. They’re just not as smart & sensitive as you are. I wish they shall learn that they’ll get rejection someday, somewhere.
    And they may stand as strong as you are now.
    Proud of you!

10. Wulan says:

Hi Kayla,
    If someday God send me a daughter, i want to be like you. Having a positive attitude, smart and strong. You will be OK. Cut your hair (its me when having a tough day), walk with best smile, wide open eye and move forward…

Regards,
    Wul

11. toby279 says:

Dear Kayla,

I dont know you, but hell, i think you are an awesome human being…. and the world needs more young ladies like you! I am sharing this to others, who may feel similar to what you are feeling….

You rock, young lady!

Regards,

Toby, a fan of your kind words

12. Day says:

Dear Kayla,
    YOU ARE RAD. When I was 11, My writing ability was not nearly as good as yours. It’s actually really bad (when I think about it now). Maybe I should ask my daughter to learn from you (she’s 9)

Anyways, You’ll be going places, girl. You’ll meet better people. You’ll experience better things. This too shall pass. Trust me.
    Don’t try to fit in. We’re all unique individuals.
    Whenever u’re mad, write more, and listen to rock! Punk rock baby, it’s the coolest sound. (Okay that’s actually my preference, but if you ever need references.. Let me know 😁)

Cheers,
    Day – mum of 2 (9 and 4) πŸ˜„

13. travelpisces says:

Dear Kayla,

What a pretty name you have. When I read your letters on your dad’s twitter, I suddenly felt like I was looking at myself in the mirror decades ago. I was 16 years old and had not been invited by my classmate’s sweet seventeen party. She said that I wasn’t cool enough and too nerdy for her upcoming fabulous party. That hurt me much like hell and for the first time in my life I experienced rejection from my own peers. I kept wondering what had I done wrong for receiving such treatment. The truth is, I would never get the answer. And so will you. Sometimes people just be mean because they could. It’s not our job to seek the answers otherwise we all will go insane. All we can do is just to accept the reality that some can like us and some others don’t. It took many years for me to make peace with myself and love the way I am.
    I sincerely hope that you don’t have to go through that long, especially when you have mommy and daddy who appreciate you so much. You should know one thing, that you are LOVED. Maybe not by your (so called) friends, but by those who can see right through you. People who see the real you and still love you are the kinds who truly worth to keep. As for the others, ignoring them can be an option to make.

To be honest, even years later I sometimes still feel not good enough for those whom I love and respect. This insecurity can occasionally strike back when they say or do something that belittling me. So when I read your letters, I immediately get such a new strength and enlightenment to pick myself up again and be tough. I know that I am precious, beautiful and worthy no matter what people think of me. I will always have myself and I can save myself. If I could do this, I’m pretty sure that you’d do too, my dearie. :’)
    You’re not alone and you’ll never be.

Hugs & kisses,
    MJ

14. --- says:

Hi Kayla,

I m your dad’s follower on twitter.
    I’ve read this from a source, it said that if somebody want to bring you down, it means that you are above them.

15. qitmr says:

hi kayla its me uncle abu qitmr

a friend of your charming father oum awe, i got some words for you, actually its max cavalera’s words

HOPE IS WHEN WE FEEL THE PAIN, THAT MAKES US TRY AGAIN.

16. monadeby says:

Dear Kayla,

I’ve read your writing, and i’m amazed by how you overcome this. You’re a smart, wise, kind, and considerate girl (pssst! i’m envy you, i’m not even as wise as you’re ;p )
    Don’t let people that do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. Keep awesome and radiate positive vibes, our precious Kayla πŸ™‚

17. Just hang in there Kayla. It’ll get better. In the mean time, stay positive okay. πŸ™‚

18. ubinputih says:

Dear Kayla,
    No worry, just do your best and those will regret.
    Always give your smile to them ya.